Cygnal Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of Exoneural Biology – the neural regulation of cancer, immunity, and regeneration. Cygnal is developing drugs to manipulate Exoneural Biology for the treatment of cancer, immunological diseases, and regenerative processes. Cygnal Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, in the VentureLabs innovation foundry, which has created over 50 groundbreaking companies that are developing novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability.
Cygnal is seeking a Scientist to help us advance the science of Exoneural Biology in immunology and to develop therapeutic hypotheses from target identification, pathway validation, therapeutic development and beyond. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and able to efficiently lead teams and complete multiple projects in parallel. The position will require creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. The candidate will be responsible for the direction and execution of projects, including novel assay development, in vitro proof-of concept, and in vivo translational studies, and aligning the scientific plan with corporate objectives. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fastpaced entrepreneurial environment.
- Design experimental plans for pathway validation and target identification, including assay developmentin vitro and in vivo, in collaboration with the scientific team
- Execute experiments, generate and analyze data, and communicate data to scientific team and executive management
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists and research associates to achieve company objectives
- Manage external research relationships with academic and commercial partners
Skills & Abilities
- Immunologist with a focus on myeloid lineage (dendritic cells, macrophages, etc)
- Research experience in inflammatory diseases, autoimmune diseases, and/or mucosal immunology
- Strong experimental skills, especially assay development (in vitro & in vivo models), cell and molecular immunology. Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry immune cell phenotyping, tissue isolation techniques and assays
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
Education & Experience
- PhD or equivalent in the biological sciences, bioengineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings.
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to