Cygnal Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of Exoneural Biology – the neural regulation of cancer, immunity, and regeneration. Cygnal is developing drugs to manipulate Exoneural Biology for the treatment of cancer, immunological diseases, and regenerative processes. CygnalTherapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, in the VentureLabs innovation foundry, which has created over 50 groundbreaking companies that are developing novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability.
Cygnal is seeking a scientist to join our Neuroscience team to develop cutting-edge technologies and to advance the science of Exoneural Biology. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and able to efficiently lead teams and complete multiple projects in parallel. The candidate will be responsible for the direction and execution of projects including novel assay development, in vivo translational studies, and aligning the scientific plan with corporate objectives. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Invent and implement technologies and develop novel assays
- Execute experiments, generate and analyze data, and communicate data to scientific team and executive management
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists and research associates to achieve company objectives
- Manage external research relationships with academic and commercial partners
- Doctoral degree in neuroscience or related field
- 8+ years of research experience in academia or industry
- Extensive experience in neuronal manipulation technologies, especially chemogenetics, optogenetics, and/or genetic approaches for neuronal ablation
- Experienced with advanced imaging techniques, including but not limited to confocal microscopy, light sheet microscope and live imaging
- Experienced with gene delivery methods such as transfection and viral transduction
- In vivo experience a plus, especially in vivo viral delivery to rodents
- Experience with isolation and culture of primary neurons and differentiation of hiPSC preferred but not required
- Peripheral nervous system experience preferred but not required
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.