Cygnal Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of Exoneural Biology – the neural regulation of cancer, immunity, and regeneration. Cygnal is developing drugs to manipulate Exoneural Biology for the treatment of cancer, immunological diseases, and regenerative processes. CygnalTherapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, in the VentureLabs innovation foundry, which has created over 50 groundbreaking companies that are developing novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability.
Cygnal is seeking a Research Associate to join our Oncology team, working closely with our scientists to develop and perform assays for Exoneural target discovery and validation. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Skills & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in molecular or cell biology or related field with at least three years of laboratory experience in academic or industry settings.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experienced with gene delivery methods such as transfection and viral transduction, including genetic knockdown and CRISPR technologies
- Experienced with range of biochemical techniques (PCR, Western Blot, ELISA) and cellular assays (imaging, flow cytometry).
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.